Our affiliate program was created with the purpose of encouraging you to promote our products, to bring new clients and to make sure that you are rewarded accordingly for your activity. It does not create a relationship between us other than that of an independent contractor. You are not our employer, we are not your employees and we do not have a partnership between us. If your application to our Affiliate Program is accepted, you are an independent contractor.
As such, you should take care of all taxes that apply for the revenues you gain from our Affiliate Program and not make any statements on our behalf; additionally, it means that we will pay you the amounts we agree upon at specific dates and conditions.
Our relationship to you is non-exclusive, we can find other affiliates to promote our products and you can promote and market other products as well.
You will earn a 50% commission when a customer you referred purchases a new license package. This means that the customer needs to click your referral link that you published on your website or on social media.
Commission is paid only for qualified leads which must be a new customer who subscribed on our platform within a certain period of days after clicking your referral link and made a purchase for any of the available packages. Further more, a qualified lead must have not been introduced to us by another affiliate or be already subscribed on our platform by his own volition prior to clicking your referral link.
The commission is calculated our of the net revenues from your qualified leads, meaning the total revenue minus any payment taxes, charge-backs, cancellations or coupon discounts. You agree that our records are accurate and our tracking is final.
We have a 30 days money back guarantee; this means that only referrals older than 30 days and in good standing will be included in each commission payout if the commission balance exceeds $50. If a purchase is refunded, the commission for the payment won’t be paid for the corresponding referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Rejections of referrals may occur if:
1. The sale that the referral was based on was refunded;
2. The method by which the referral was generated is violating this Affiliate Agreement.
Payouts are made based on our specific program. Your commission is calculated only upon payment to you; until that moment, the expected payment is not an obligation from us to you but an estimation of future revenues.
Affiliate payments are processed on a monthly basis when the accumulated commission reaches the payment threshold of $50. The payment is made via PayPal or other method that we agreed upon. Until the payment is made, any sums specified in your account are not considered debt and shall not be paid until you reach the payment threshold. You shall bear all taxes and expenses related to the payment, including any fees that your bank may require from you.
You are required by law to provide us with an invoice upon payment.
If a qualified lead that you referred is refunded, your commission will be deducted from your future payment or we will request that you return such fees. You also agree that we may offset any sums that you may owe us from any future payments.
Affiliate Application Rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. In case of rejection, we also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation for the rejections or not. Reasons for rejection of an affiliate application may consist (but is not limited to) any or more of the following:
- Affiliate application for websites that sell, advertise, display or are in any way linked to pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal businesses, copyright infringement.
- Affiliate application for websites that are not linked to our line of business or interest.
- Application for websites that resell any of our products.
- Application for websites that we consider inappropriate.
Additional information about your application
After you apply to our Affiliate Program, we may contact you by email to ask some questions about your application. The email address where you will be contacted will be the address you provided when you registered for our program.
If we reach out to you and we don’t receive any answer from you within a 7 days period, you application may be rejected. In case this happens and your initial application is rejected, you may re-apply to out Affiliate Program and provide a more detailed application.
An affiliate account is considered dormant if it hasn’t generated any visit after a 6 months period and it may be temporarily deactivated. We truly hope that it won’t be the case for you but if it does, please remember that you can always contact us and ask for ideas on how you can promote our products and start earning from your referrals.
As long as you are participating in our Affiliate Program you cannot provide any third party with a copy of our products or create derivative works for it. This is needed to ensure that our products are distributed using the official channels and that they don’t contain any backdoors or changes that might insert malicious code which can be used to damage end user’s website and/or web server or steal information.
Any work that you create that either uses or contains our intellectual property (ie. videos or banners containing our logo) must be destroyed or deleted. If you consider that your creation shouldn’t be destroyed or deleted, you are required to contact us and obtain our specific consent.
Prohibited methods of promotion
We invest a lot of time, effort and talent in our product and we back it 100%! As a consequence, we pay careful attention on how it’s promoted because we want our affiliates to be 100% behind us. We don’t mean to scare you but, if at any time we believe that you acted in bad faith or illegally, we may cancel your participation and withhold all payments. If such situation should appear (we truly believe it won’t), you will most likely be contacted and asked for an explanation.
The following is a list of what we consider bad practices:
- Do not promote our products on coupon sites! People looking for a coupon for our products already have the intention of purchasing the plugin so this method adds no value.
- No paid search is allowed. You cannot promote our products in web search ads, social ads or re-targeting ads using our brand keywords and your affiliate link.
- Do not use deceptive practices like encouraging users to click banners or use automated ways to create traffic.
- Do not pretend that you are part of CodeFlavors. Affiliates are not employees of CodeFlavors and have no employee rights.
- Do not use incorrect or misleading information when promoting our products. This means that you should not include false information to click-bait potential customers. If you are not sure about the information you want to promote you can always contact us and ask.
- No spam! Ever! Don’t use link spam, ads, email spam, comment spam or any other type of spamming methods. Always make sure before posting on a website that the posting rules allow you to post your link and promote our products.
- Do not place your affiliate link in WordPress themes or plugins or any other WordPress software.
- Do not use false or expired coupon codes as an incentive for potential customers. If using a valid coupon code to promote our products, always make sure that you clearly specify the coupon validity period. If you are unsure of a coupon validity or if any promotions are active, you can contact us.
- Do not pretend that you actually are… well, us! Cloning or copying our websites, using our copyrighted assets and pretending that a website created by you is an official product website is prohibited.
As always, if you’re not sure if a certain practice is prohibited or not, contact us and ask for clarifications.
Consequences of using prohibited or suspicions promotional methods
If you use promotional methods that force or break this agreement we may, at our sole discretion, terminate your participation to our Affiliate Program. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you if in the event that such action is taken. Please use promotional methods that are honest and allowed, it will benefit everyone and ensure your success as an affiliate.
Things to consider
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement that you will follow them in your actions. By registering to our Affiliate Program and being approved you agree that your commissions are subject to approval and before being accepted and paid. Your relation with CodeFlavors as an affiliate does not represent a professional or formal agreement; as an affiliate your are not an employee of CodeFlavors. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result you may not take legal action against us. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.